Thursday, May 20, 2010

Today was better

It was the first time in weeks that I actually showed up to my 10am seminar on time. Professor Moore handed our papers back. I got a B+ and she commented that if I had proof read my paper, I would have been in the A range. I am very proud of my 9 page B+ paper. I got it done 2hrs before the deadline.
The seminar ended an hour early, so I went to pick up my cap & gown, graduation tickets, and my lifetime membership Alumni GradPak stuff. As I picked up my graduation stuff, the students working at the pick-ups said "Congratulations." It felt really good to hear that. My 4 years of college is coming to an end. All those parties, late night studying, all-nighters, cramming, and the whole college experience is about to be over. Part of me is relieved, part of be wonders what's next, and another part of me want to stay at UCLA for another year. I could've picked up a minor in Chinese language, but I was misled by those student workers working the front desk at the office.
I'm not sure I want to head into the "real world." I've been going to school for 17 years and that's all that I've known. Changing this routine is scary. Not sure if I'm ready for 40+ hrs/week, and no vacation times. I've learned so much as a sociology major. I kind of wish I came into UCLA as undeclared, but I came in as a biology major. I tried to convince my sister to transfer to UCLA for biology. She looked up the transfer requirements for a B.S. in biology and said that it was really difficult to get in. When she said that, part of me felt happy because I was good enough to enter UCLA as a freshmen going for a B.S. in biology.
Compared to the last 5 days, today was a better day. I'm leaving for Taiwan in less than 2 months. I still don't know if I should confront him, or just take what's happening now as a sign/answer in itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment