Saturday, January 16, 2010

On the Right Path

My last post was a bit of a downer, so on a brighter note:
Today I did promotions for the Adidas Originals store on Melrose. I LOVE working with other Adidas/cip marketing Brand Coaches. We are a pretty cool group of marketing staff. GO CIP! And today is where I found myself a mentor for the event marketing/promotions/production industry. His name is Paul and he is awesome! He knows a lot about the industry, and more importantly, he knows a lot of people. I can't say that my future is set because nothing in life is guarenteed, but I can say that I'm on the right path and in good hands. I can't believe just 3years ago I entered UCLA as a biology major, and now I'm hitting the entertainment marketing/promotions industry by storm! I think I have done very well for myself. Paul said the company I'm interning at is THE company to be at. Because of my career field, I'm pretty sure I'll be living out here in LA instead of moving back home in Texas. Moving home is like a step back because there isn't much marketing and publicity work there. My goal now is to make myself invaluable to my supervisors and the company.
I'm excited to go SKYDIVING in April! I'm really looking forward to graduation because of what will await me afterwards. TRAVELING! I'm going to volunteer at an orphange in China for a week in June. Then my friend, Savannah, and I are traveling to ALL 50 STATES- however long that's going to take. Then in August I'm going to study in Taiwan for a month or two (should be on scholarship). Then heading to volunteer at a medical clinic in Costa Rica for a week in September. Finally, spending 2 months volunteering in Tanzania, Africa. I'm really excited.
Then Paul and I got to talking about kids in general. And I don't expect to get married. I would like to, but I don't know anymore. And we came to the agreement that people like me need to reproduce...but we don't...and those that don't need to be having kids are popping them out from left to right. LoL! If I ever have kids, I want to raise them in Texas, not LA. But HEY, I'm just 21. I have like 8 more years to think about stuff like this. Right now, I'm not even wanting to date at all. It's just a waste of time. I'm over compensating and will be spending a lot of time working at my internships and my demanding class schedule. I'll be hibernating this Winter.
Until my next post....

No comments:

Post a Comment